Small business grants to create jobs in northern Adelaide
Tuesday, 7 March 2017
Eleven northern Adelaide-based small businesses and start-ups will share in more than $430,000 of state government funding, creating 26 full time equivalent jobs along the way.
The latest round of Small Business Development Fund grants is expected to provide opportunities for local job seekers and help boost the economy in Adelaide’s north.
The $10 million Fund is available exclusively to small businesses and start-ups in the Port Adelaide Enfield, Salisbury and Playford council areas.
To date, 35 start-up grants and 41 business expansion grants totalling over $3.3 million have been approved. It is anticipated that 253 new full time equivalent jobs will be created within 12 months as a result of these grants.
The following new small businesses will share in $87,250 worth of start-up grants from the latest round:
- 3rd Eye Analytics - $14,000. New business offering a range of data analytics and advanced statistical services.
- Clique Travels Pty Ltd - $20,000. An online, luxury predesigned ‘girls’ trips’ business aimed at the high end of the market.
- Derek & Sam Pty Ltd - $20,000. A new hydroponic vegetable growing business in the City of Playford.
- Forge Mill CNC - $18,500. A small CNC machining business that provides a milling service to niche markets.
- NY Handyman and Cleaning Services - $11,000. A new cleaning and maintenance business located in Elizabeth.
- The Athletic Compound - $3,750. A martial arts and weightlifting training centre in Smithfield.
Five existing small businesses will share in $347,981 worth of business expansion grants from the latest round:
- Adelaide Weighing Equipment - $100,000. Purchase of additional specialised plant and equipment to allow manufacture of components in house for a range of portable weighbridges.
- Bullet Cylinder Heads - $100,000. Purchase of a new 4 axis CNC machining centre to be used in machining high performance engine blocks and cylinder heads for customers in Australia and overseas.
- QPE Fabrications Pty Ltd - $85,481. Purchase of a 3.5mtr Zayer CNC machine that will increase productivity and allow further diversification into rail and defence sectors.
- SA Insulation Pty Ltd - $15,000. Purchase a portable polyurethane foam dispenser with an ancillary air compressor and portable generator.
- Surman Metals - $47,500. To purchase plant and equipment that will optimise factory and warehouse logistics and increase storage capacity.