Job Accelerator Grant
The State Government is supporting businesses to grow and employ more South Australians. They have introduced a range of measures that make it easier for businesses to employ new staff – including the Job Accelerator Grant.
The $109 million Job Accelerator Grant Scheme provides incentives for our business community to employ more South Australians. This scheme will provide:
- a $10,000 grant for each additional person hired between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018 and maintained for two years (for businesses with an annual payroll of between $600,000 and $5 million)
- a $4,000 grant for start-up and smaller businesses not liable for payroll tax (below $600,000 annual payroll) for each additional person hired over the same period.
It is estimated that the grants will be provided for creation of a total of 14,000 full-time equivalent positions.
Further business support and information is available at:
- Small Business Commissioner website – for information about grants available and information sessions that businesses can attend.
- Grant Assist – a portal where you can search and apply for State Government grants.
- Department of State Development – Small Business – useful information for small businesses with a focus on small businesses starting up.
The State Government will invest $500 million in education infrastructure to upgrade primary and secondary school STEM facilities.